Position: Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner
Location: Fort Washington, PA
Work Days: Monday-Friday, some weekends
Job Type: Full-Time, Part-Time
Company: Life of Purpose
Under close supervision of the Medical Director, The Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner is a professional who demonstrates a commitment in the assessment and management of mental health patients. They make independent and collaborative judgments in regard to the assessment, diagnosis and management of treatment for patients with psychiatric disorders, medical-mental conditions and substance abuse issues. He or she is expected to apply nursing and behavioral health policies when rendering care and providing health teaching to patients and families.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Evaluate the needs of patients
- Development of treatment plans
- Provide day to day patient management
- Provide information to clinical staff on condition of the patient
- Provide medication to patients
- Educate patients about preventative care and the prescribed treatments
- Conduct physicals, order tests
Qualifications and Education
- A graduate degree from an accredited college or university in psychiatric nursing required
- Valid PA nursing licenses in good standing required.
- License to Practice as a Registered Nurse or Practical Nurse.
- A minimum of one (1) year experience in medical/nursing field is preferred.
- Behavioral Health experience preferred.
- Addictions Nursing preferred.
Specialized Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Basic knowledge of a 12 step program.
- Possess excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Be able to get along well with others and work well within a team.
- Able to use a computer, a fax machine and other standard office equipment.
Job requires the candidate to be flexible and available on nights, weekends and holidays. Candidates must be able to work in difficult situations with clients that are substance abuse dependent and may or may not be diagnosed with a mental health diagnosis.