High School Graduate Curriculum
Evidence-based research strongly supports that self-esteem, meaning and purpose in life, and level of education and training are vital factors in achieving and sustaining long-term recovery for emerging adults.
At Life of Purpose, our high school graduates have the option to advance to a college or university or to enroll in a vocational or certification program of their choice. Our academic case managers provide the support and guidance high school graduates need to discover and move toward their purpose.
Upon admission, our case managers work with the clinical treatment team to create an individualized academic treatment plan. The case management component of our program is what allows our model to truly shift the lives of our clients.
An academic treatment plan for this curriculum traditionally includes
• Assistance with transcripts
• SAT prep and exam
• Myers-Briggs Type Indicator®
• Assistance choosing majors
• Class or program enrollment
• Support with application process including college essays
• Assistance with the financial aid process
• Academic career options at community colleges or universities
• Vocational career options at trade or certification programs
• Coursework management
• Assistance with internship opportunities in major or trade of choice
• Vocational counseling
• Integration into appropriate collegiate recovery community and program
• Treatment and recovery indicates the pace of each path
• Additional ancillary tutoring and testing services not included in program fees
• Enrollment fees and course materials not included in program fees