Position: Licensed Counselors
Location: Bala Cynwyd, PA and Fort Washington, PA
Work Hours: varies between 8a-8p
Work Days: Monday-Friday, some weekends
Job Type: Full-Time
Company: Life of Purpose
To work with clinical team with patient behavior, management and supervision and provide patient population with education, maintain a safe community and provide consistent follow through with patients.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provides individual counseling and completes related documentation.
- Provides caseload group counseling and completes related documentation.
- Facilitates family sessions and completes related documentation.
- Facilitates drug & alcohol treatment groups and completes related documentation.
- Facilitates therapeutic recreation groups and completes related documentation.
- Oversees work therapy activities and completes related documentation.
- Participates in and documents case consultations, including quarterly treatment reviews, red flag reviews, and administrative reviews.
- Writes progress/court reports as necessary and discharge summaries.
- Maintains regular contact and communicates effectively with probation officers, case workers and/or referral sources including them in the treatment process and updating them on clients’ progress.
- Maintains regular contact and communicates effectively with families, including them in the treatment process and updating them on clients’ progress.
- Provides continuing care planning by making contacts to appropriate referrals and writing the plan.
- Demonstrates appropriate use of crisis management.
Qualifications and Education
- Masters Degree in counseling, psychology, behavioral science or equivalent field of study
- Active LMFT, LPC or LCSW in the state of Pennsylvania
- Knowledge of 12-step, mental health and other co-occurring disorders
- Experience in working with addiction in a residential and/or intensive outpatient milieu
- Experience in working with chemical dependency in a residential and outpatient milieu
- Experience in crisis intervention and conflict resolution skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to maintain a positive collaborative relationship among staff
- Experience working with various funding streams specifically out of network insurance and other third-party sources
- Management experience
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
Specialized Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Knowledge of individual, family, and group therapeutic techniques.
- Possess the ability to interpret and guide staff in detecting individual crisis and family dysfunction and guide them through appropriate therapeutic techniques.
- Possess the ability to develop therapeutic counseling relationships with clients and their families.
- Knowledge of therapeutic techniques including interpretation of the DSM-V and knowledge of ASAM.
- Should have knowledge of the 12 step program
- Possess excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Be able to get along well with others and work well within a team.
Job requires the candidate to be flexible and available on nights, weekends and holidays. Candidates must be able to work in difficult situations with clients that are substance abuse dependent and may or may not be diagnosed with a mental health diagnosis.