A PURPOSE DRIVEN APPROACH TO ADDICTION TREATMENT
SURVIVE AND THRIVE
Our mission is to support each individual in creating a life worth being sober for. We believe recovery and success are not mutually exclusive but that success in long-term recovery relies upon the pursuit of one’s passions, vision, and purpose. Life of Purpose is designed to support individuals in acknowledging their self-worth and their capabilities by pursuing commendable acts while simultaneously receiving clinical and medical support for their recovery.
• Family program and support provided
• Alumni support
• Weekly family participation with clinical staff and case management during a client’s treatment is required
• Psychiatric Care offered by a psychiatric nurse practitioner
• Medical care provided by an on-site, full-time nurse
• Cognitive behavioral therapy, motivational interviewing, narrative therapy, adventure therapy, and cognitive reframing
• A dedicated case manager to address legal concerns and coordinate with the clinical team
Recover Your Purpose
A STRENGTHS-BASED INTERVENTION
Traditionally, emerging adults have been diverted away from higher education due to the view that a university campus is an “abstinence hostile”environment. The alternative to the pursuit of higher education is full-time employment in the skilled workforce. The lack of upward mobility and perceived stagnation created by this dynamic undermines the progress made during treatment and the individual’s ability to maintain recovery. The addition of even a single class in conjunction with part-time employment fundamentally changes a young adult’s perception of self and the direction of one’s life.
ACADEMICALLY FOCUSED AFTERCARE
• Full-time academic case managers work with clients one-on-one to review class assignments, prepare for class projects and exams, as well as help clients develop effective study habits and the tools to deal with the pressures of being a student.
• A supportive infrastructure allows for potential barriers to be identified early and addressed either clinically or academically as needed.